answers questioned

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

||    I'm currently working on a few simple design projects but I often try to design something for myself in the midst of it all to keep the enjoyable factor a flame.

As I sat down to get started today my mind was wandering as had been my heart. My current life position is a regular dichotomy of thoughts as I'm only just noticing that most of my days I've been given answers before I ever knew their questions. This was the preset that inspired this piece.

But as they say:

Don't do drugs.
Don't have sex.
Don't rock
and most certainly do NOT roll.

I'd like to think of myself as someone who can follow as well as lead but for so much of my earlier years, I had no balance between the two and would almost only follow. It hasn't been until recently that I've been pursuing the beauty in ASKing questions, any questions and all of them. I can be a sceptic which sometimes serves me well and other times gets me in trouble but in this aspect I think it could do me good.

The things you do just because you always have, WHY do you do them? I find it terrifying to ask the questions behind the answers I've always lived by but I also strongly believe there is honor in pursuing truth, as nitty and gritty as it may be.

I'm finding rest in the risk.
I'm learning love in the lesson.
I'm taking it one topic at a time.

Go at life fully involved. Do not let the fear of not knowing and not asking, keep you blind and postponed from the unique perspective you were made to create.    ||


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© arlina vanessa All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger