Not long lonesome

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

||     This weekend I was able to practice using my new camera on a shoot I've been wanting to do some time now with two of the sweetest souls.

I wanted this shoot to be raw and so I drew inspiration from one of my real life experiences. Often times and even recently I would end up pushing people away if I was hurting in an effort to protect myself or them. Eventually whether I accomplished to admit it or not, I'd always inevitably come back with the need to care for and to be cared for. Even when distance seemed dominant and I felt proud in my selfish sense of control, I could never escape my natural inclination for contact and connection and have had to learn to embrace it. 'Not long lonesome' caters to the contrast in those times; of separation but unity, being apart from each other yet still beautifully associated. The refinement comes when we realize it was always meant to be this way. It's for the better.

Don't do life alone, it's lonely. Grab a hand, rest a head, lean in, let someone in, come back, connect. Sometimes you might have to initiate the effort but somewhere there is always someone for you, maybe even someone who's been there all along.

Let's be not long lonesome.
Forever we're together.












This shoot is dedicated to Olivia + Katy, who's friendship inspires me daily. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© arlina vanessa All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger